Charterhouse Caving Company Ltd
Caving with 16-18 year olds
The Company acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard the and promote the welfare of children. For this reason it has some additional requirements that must be fulfilled before 16-18 year olds can visit the caves. No person under the age of 16 is allowed to visit caves which are managed by the Company.
These requirements are:
- Every visitor to the caves must have signed and be in posession of a permit
- In addition an indemnity (waiver) form must have been completed for each visitor aged 16-18 years.
- All visitors aged 16-18 years must carry suitable public indemnity insurance.
- The club representative issuing the permits must satisfy themself that the party have taken appropriate safeguarding measures. If in doubt, please refer to the British Caving Association's Safeguarding Officer.
- Any party which includes 16-18 year olds must include a minimum of two adults for each child.
The indemnity (waiver) form can be downloaded from here.
Return to the Main Page.
Updated April 2019